Submit your first patch to drupal.org
Just some basic pre-requisites:
- A laptop with a local Drupal site running.
- The site should be installed via git.
- Terminal and/or gitbash
- A drupal.org account.
- Join the official slack channel - http://drupalslack.herokuapp.com
- Willingness to contribute
In this workshop, I am planning to do a hands-on walk-through of how contributions could be made on drupal.org starting from the very basics. Planning to divide the workshop into different sections:
Introduction (15 mins):
- Importance and benefits of contributions.
- Type of contributions you can make on drupal.org - the main focus of the workshop being around the issue queues.
- Introduction to the issues queues and its various components.
Get started with patches - reroll (1h):
- Introduction to git-based workflow of creating patches.
- Finding your first issue from the issue queue to work on (patch-reroll).
- Walk-through of how to reroll a patch. Guiding everyone to do this.
Creating your first patch (30m or as time permits):
- Finding an issue to work on (novice).
- Going through the feedback in the comments and getting started with the interaction.
- Applying the patch which needs change and making the changes.
- Creating the patch.
- Introduction to interdiffs and a way to create them.
Planned changes on drupal.org
- Gitlab integration.
- Next phase - PR reviews?
Conclusion & QnA